Why should I make a will?
1. I know for a fact I’m never going to die!
2. My spouse deserves everything he/she gets, so I’m happy for him/her to suffer trying to sort out my estate without a will!
3. I don’t care who looks after my children – they can go into care while the court sorts it out!
4. My partner and I aren’t married – he/she won’t get my house or any of my estate, but I don’t care!
5. My children can fall out about who gets what – I’m not bothered!
6. The government can get my money – my family have enough!
7. I’m getting divorced, but I don’t care if my ex gets everything!
8. I don’t care if my family have to pay Inheritance Tax – I can’t be bothered to plan ahead!
9. My pet can roam the streets after my day – it’s not my problem anymore!
10. Why do I need to bother making funeral plans? I won’t be here, they can leave my body on the rubbish dump if they like, I don’t care!These are reasons NOT to make a will. Do any of them apply to you?
Protect the ones you love – ask about making a will today.
Published 9 June 2017
Previous article: Save on Inheritance Tax!
Next article: Who will look after your pets once you're gone?